Infection Control Flags
Infection Control Flags are assigned to patients in Epic. Adding these flags to a query, in combination with COVID-19 lab tests, can help identify cohorts of patients for COVID-19 related studies. The flags include,
- COVID-19 Exposure flag: assigned in Epic to asymptomatic individuals with known exposure to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Positive flag: assigned in Epic to individuals who have tested positivefor COVID-19 by nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).
- COVID-19 Presumed flag: assigned in Epic to individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19without positive NAAT to confirm.
- COVID-19 Risk flag: assigned in Epic to individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 andundergoing evaluation; some may have one or more negative test results,but interpretation of results is not complete.
- COVID-19 Routine Test flag (also known as Clearance-CoV) was retired in Epic on 5/11/2020.When it was in use it was assigned to individuals who were deemed asymptomaticbut being tested for COVID-19 prior to a surgery or as a re-test.
|EPIC||BWH, MGH, NWH, SRH, FH, NSMC, MCL, MEE, WDH, DFCI|